I love everything about chocolate-covered strawberries and especially like how easy they are to make.
Is a great idea for a rainy day project with kids.
The only other trick to making chocolate-covered strawberries is that the strawberries must be dry.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 15 strawberries with stems, washed and dried very well
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Put the semisweet chocolate into 1 heatproof medium bowls. Fill 1 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowl of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Dip the strawberries into chopped pistachio.
- Set the strawberries in the fridge until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.