Almond milk is a beverage made from ground almonds, used as a substitute for dairy milk.
This veggie drink doen´t contain lactose, cholesterol and is low in calories. Is rich in vitamins, protein and minerals like calcium.
Provides omega 3 fatty acids, with protective effects on the cardiovascular system.
- 1 cup raw almonds, preferably organic
- 3 cups water
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sweeteners like honey, sugar, agave syrup, or maple syrup, to taste, optional
- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water. Soak overnight.
- Drain the almonds from their soaking water and rinse them thoroughly under cool running water.
- Place the almonds in the blender and cover with 3 cups of water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the almond mixture into the strainer. Press all the almond milk from the almond meal and keep it in a glass jar.
- You can add one cinnamon stick, vanilla extract and a sweetener.
Store the almond milk in the fridge for 3 days. After some minutes you will see almonds and water are separated. Shake well before use.