Good and sweet morning! These cocoa waffles are delicious, they are super easy to prepare and very healthy, ideal if you feel like a sweet whim. In my case, my children had been looking forward to breakfast something rich and with chocolate, and what better option than this, as well as healthy.
I use the silicone molds to make the waffles in the oven. If you have a waffle machine at home, look at the cooking time you need to cook them.
The original recipe does not carry egg or refined flour but if you want to use egg and other flour different to the buckwheat flour I have put the substitutes.
If you try this recipe I would like to read your comments on social networks tagging me with @diets_ana on Instagram or with @dietsana ES on Facebook. Thank you so much and enjoy this delicious breakfast;)
Serve: 4 waffles
Tools: Blender or food processor
- 1 cup of non dairy milk
- 1 tsp of apple vinegar
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- Canned coconut milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mix the flaxseeds, water, non dairy milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and mixed until combined.
- Brush coconut oil on silicone mold.
- Pour donut butter into mold filling (no more than ¾).
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the waffles look golden brown.
- Take out of oven flip mold and the waffles will fall out. Serve and enjoy!