Vegetarian or not, you will love these veggie burger recipe,protein packed meatless meals.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- ½ red pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 garlic chopped
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Rinse quinoa vigorously for a few minutes before cooking it, it will wash away a bitter natural coating that coats the quinoa seeds.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over low. Cook garlic and onion, red pepper and carrot about 5 minutes.
- Add washed quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally and season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Add chickpea flour with some water and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. If mixture is too loose, add more chickpea flour to bind.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and form into patties, pressing firmly together with your hands. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium and cook 2 patties until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side; season with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining 1 tbsp. oil and 2 patties.
- Build burgers with chickpea roud bread, lettuce, onion, radish, carrot, advocado and vegan mayonnaise.
Patties can be made 3 days ahead in the fridge or freeze for months. Cover and chill.
You can cook in the oven. Preheat the oven, add some olive oil into the baking pan. Place the patty on the baking pan. Bake the patty for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, cook the other side for 2 minutes (oven 200 ºC).