Tools: Blender or food processor
Ingredients for the donut (Makes 8 mini donut)
- 1 cup of non dairymilk
- 1 tsp of apple vinegar
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp of bakingpowder
- 1 tsp of cinnamonpowder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
Ingredients for the galaxy effect:
- 2-3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Blue vegan colorant
Method for the donut:
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mix the flax seeds, water, non dairymilk, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and mixed until combined.
- Brush coconut oil on silicone mold.
- Pour donut butter into mold filling (no more than ¾).
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the donuts look golden brown.
- Take out of oven flip mold and the donuts will fall out.
Method for the galaxy effect:
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil, almond milk and maple syrup. Adjust liquids if you need to.
- To achieve the galaxy effect: using a small bowl with a little bit of blue food dye (vegan natural) at a time and disperse drops of vegan friendly food dye around the white icing, swirling with a spoon. Adjust the colours as you would like.
- Simply dip and twirl a donut halfway into the icing and gently slide it out and you will get that galaxy effect.
- Place all iced donuts on a flat surface and back into freezer to set. Enjoy!