These bars are delicious and super easy to do.
A healthy snack for everybody, ideal for kids and not so young.If you cannot find cocoa butter, you can replace it with coconut oil. The same with almond butter, similar to the tahini, but based on almonds. You can buy it or made it at home, crushing the almonds in a food processor until they release the oil and becomes a butter.
Serve: 10-12 bars
Time: 25 minutes
Freezer: 6 hours
Tools: food processor
- 1 cup of activated almonds*
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder
- a pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons of rice molasses rice or maple syrup.
- Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup of butter of almond
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp mesquite (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 125 g cocoa butter
- 1 cup of raw cocoa poder
- ¼ cup of rice molasses or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp of vanilla poder
- A pinch of salt
- In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients of biscuit and mix well until you get a sticky dough. Prepare a mold with baking paper and place the dough into the mold. Put in the freezer while you prepare the caramel.
- Put all the ingredients of the caramel in a food processor or similar and blend until a thick, sticky paste is formed. You can add some water if is difficult to blend it.
- Put on the top of the cookie, flatten all you can and place in bathto the freezer one hour. Take out from the mould and cut into long sticks. Put on a baking paper and freeze about 4 hours.
- To prepare the coverage, melt cocoa butter in a water bath and add the rest of ingredients. Mix it well. Prepare a baking paper, take out bars from the freezer and deep them into the chocolate with the help of two forks. Put them in the baking paper and place again in the freezer to set. Enjoy!
*to activate the almonds you should soak them overnight in water with some vinegar or salt.
**Store in the freezer or fridge. If they are in the freezer put in the fridge 20 minutes before eating.