This spicy overnight oat chia seeds with sliced cooked banana is a real delight!!
Oats are a whole-grain food, known scientifically as Avena sativa. They´re a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Oats and oatmeal have many health benefits such as weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or stevia to taste)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In this case I have used sliced cooked banana but you can also use sliced berries or granola
- In a small bowl, add almond milk, chia seeds, spices and mashed banana and stir it with the help of a spoon.
- Add oats and stir a few more times. Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, open, add toppings and enjoy.
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hour