Have you ever tried quinoa in a dessert or sweet snack way before? Here you have a delicious way to eat this cereal. I’m sure you will love it, easy to make, don’t need to bake and the best, guilt free.
- ⅓ cup quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- ⅔ cup water
- 16 whole (pitted) dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup smooth almond butter (or tahini)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Process the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the dates to the food processor. Blend until they are also finely chopped and the mixture starts to ball together.
- Add the hot cooked quinoa, salt, almond butter and cocoa powder. Pulse until the mixture balls up around the blade and the chocolate has melted.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate the balls for about 1 hour, until firm. Enjoy!