I know, I’m an hummus addict. I love this dish, I prepare it quite frequently as an aperitif accompanied with pita bread or adding to my meals. In this way, I ensure my protein intake from the chickpeas, healthy fats from olive oil and sesame seeds, which are rich in calcium, and finally the lemon with antioxidant and alkaline properties. Rich and healthy!
Tools: blender or food processor
Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (soaked overnight with 6-8 cups of water).
- 1 cup beetroot, cooked
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame puree)
- 1 tbsp oil of olive
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 chopped garlic clove.
- Drain the chickpeas into a strainer and rinse under cool running water.
- Combine the chickpeas, beetroot, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt in the bowl of the food processor or blender.
- Blend hummus until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Serve with pita bread or with seeds and cereal bread, or cover and store in the fridge.
Hummus can be refrigerated up to 3 days and can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. Add a bit of oil if it is a little dry.