As well known as Nocilla or Nutella cocoa creams are one of the favorite snacks of children and not so children. I’ve personally been a fan of these creams but my surprise came when I began to investigate in their ingredients.
Ingredients are listed in order of quantity and so on.
If you start reading the ingredients of these cocoa creams the first one is sugar. Yes, you read correctly!
The second most abundant ingredient is butter or palm oil, nothing recommended saturated fat for our consumption and less for a child. These fats are responsible for increase the cholesterol and triglycerides in our blood.
Mixing these two ingredients we have a perfect cocktail to increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity, including child obesity.
And finally we find the interesting ingredients, hazelnuts, delicious nuts that provide us with healthy fats and which only are present by 4-10%.
Knowing all this and I thought to prepare a healthy version.
In just 10 minutes and with the help of a blender you can prepare this delicious cocoa cream. Here you have the ingredients and the way of how it is made so that you bother you to prepare it at home. Now this is our favourite one, envy nothing to which you can find in the supermarket. Let me know what you think about it!
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (or other vegetable oil as soft olive, sunflower or hazelnut)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Place the roasted hazelnuts in a blender and blend them.
- Add the oil (if is solid I recommend to give a touch of heat to melt it), cocoa, sugar, milk and vanilla powder. Blend until smooth. And enjoy a healthy version of cocoa creme.
Store in a pot with a lid and leave in the fridge or stand at environment temperature for two weeks.