You will only need 6 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this delicious dessert or snack.
This energy bites are made with love and packed with healthy nutrients such as:
- Dates, full of minerals like zinc, potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- Almonds, which add protein and are high in omega 3 fatty acids
- Cacao powder adds rich chocolate flavor as well as phytonutrients, magnesium, and iron
- Almond butter which provides even more protein as well as vitamin E, manganese, and biotin.
- And sesame seeds add omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp creamy almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (optional)
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse/mix until small bites remain or a ball forms. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add almonds to the food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Then add cacao powder, sesame seeds and sea salt. Pulse a few more times to combine.
- Add the dates back in along with the almond butter and melted coconut oil (optional). Mix to combine. The result should be a moist dough-like mixture. If too wet, add a bit more cacao powder or hemp seeds.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Then scoop out rounded tablespoon amounts and carefully form into balls. There should be about 20 energy bites total.
- Roll in extra sesame seeds or cacao powder (optional).
- Store leftovers in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month.