Where I live, in the south of China, I’m very lucky cause all the year I can join tropical fruits like coconut (sweet coconut water captivated me) papaya, kumquat, mangosteen and mango among other delicious fruits.
Do you know why this smoothie is one of my favourites? Because:
1) has one of my favourite fruits, mango
2) contains green leafy vegetables and
3) lemon and ginger which gives an unbelieveable fresh feeling
The smoothies or the spoon version, the smoothiebowl, are a healthy option for breakfast or afternoon meal. We ensure the intake of fruits and vegetables (green leafy and raw) which provides vitamins and minerals, I add lemon with alcaline effect and ginger, that use to help to absorb de nutrients. Then you can add Toppings, for me are essential. You’ve a lot of options like adding cereals (oat, buckinis), nuts, seeds, shredded coconut or fruit. Super complete, don’t you think?
Here you have the list of ingredients if you encourage to do it 😉
Time: 5 minutes
1 banana, frozen
a handful of spinach
1/2 lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
For Toppings: kumquat, homemade granola, coconut flakes and walnuts
1. Place all the ingredients in the blender And blend until smooth.
2. Serve in a bowl, add toppings and enjoy!