Quinoa is a grain that haves a unique balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Cheer up with this healthy dish, easy to digest and delicious. It is a gluten free recipe.
Serves: 2 people
Time: 30 minutes
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Cut the vegetables into small cubes and reserve.
- In a frying pan add oil and cook with low heat the onion with the green and red pepper. Then add zucchini and eggplant. Add a pinch of salt and let vegetables make stirring. Finally, add tomato and cook for at least 30 minutes on a low heat.
- While the vegetables are cooking, wash quinoa under cold water, at least for 2 minutes. Why? Because quinoa is coated in saponin, a substance that gives sour taste and is indigestible.
- Place quinoa in a saucepan and add water (1 cup quinoa = 2 cups of water). Cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until it has absorbed all the water.
- Garnish with a little paprika on top, serve and enjoy this delicious dish.