Today I bring you the vegetarian version of “Pesto sauce”, with fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon and olive oil. I have also added nutritional yeast which gives the aroma of cheese and brings us vitamin B12, a vitamin especially important for vegetarians and vegans.
You will only need 5 minutes.
- 2 cups fresh basil (large stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add into a food processor or blender, basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend until a paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time (streaming in while the machine is on if possible) and scrape down sides as needed.
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to one week. You can pour into ice cube molds, freeze, and store up to one month or more.